Tips on how to prepare your property interior for photography:
1. Make your property as clean as possible!
2. Kitchens and bathrooms, in particular, need to be absolutely immaculate. Hide away any cleaning products, keep work surfaces free of clutter and leave the toilet seat down.
3. Be as tidy as possible. De-clutter as many personal possessions as you can, putting large unused items into storage if possible. You want to create an impression of space, light, and clean sight-lines.
4. Clean all reflective surfaces – windows, mirrors, taps, glass table-tops – anything shiny should look polished, gleaming, and finger-print free.
5. Open curtains and blinds to let in plenty of natural light. Dust around any dado rails and get rid of any cobwebs that can often be found lurking in ceiling corners.
6. Turn on hall and landing lights to instantly maximise space in areas that are often dark and shadowy areas.
7. Think of your home as a stage set and accessorise accordingly. You could add extra cushions and throws to sofas and bedrooms. Why not lay the dining room table and buy some fresh flowers?
8. If you have a pet, try and hide any sign of their presence. Not everyone is an animal lover.
9. All beds should be tidily made with clean bed-linen and kept tidy and clutter-free.